The previously announced High Plains Clickers comic book series is now officially on the back-burner. The publisher decided that Western comics aren’t really selling right now. I would argue that this was a horror comic, but I’m just the writer. (I just wish this decision had been made before the comic was announced in the latest issue of The Last Zombie — but again, I’m just the writer). Anyway, J.F. Gonzalez and I will take the time we’d set aside for this project and instead work on our other project, code-named The Bible (forthcoming from for Infernal House). Later on, we’ll shop High Plains Clickers elsewhere.
Being a round-up of new releases, forthcoming releases, and upcoming appearances. (Poster to the left courtesy of Simon Drax)
1. This Wednesday, January 16, 7pm at KGB Bar 85 East 4th Street New York, NY 10003
2. Saturday, January 26, Borderlands Boot Camp, Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel 10 West Burke Avenue · Towson, Maryland 21204
NEW ON DVD:
NEW IN PAPERBACK:
1. Earthworm Gods
2. Earthworm Gods: Selected Scenes From the End of the World
NEW ON KOBO:
1. The Girl on the Glider
COMING SOON: The Damned Highway signed, limited edition. On sale from Thunderstorm Books on January 20th!
NEW PODCAST with me, J.F. Gonzalez, and Robert Swartwood.
1. Deadite Press tells me that digital editions of Dark Hollow, Entombed, An Occurrence In Crazy Bear Valley, Ghost Walk, and Clickers vs. Zombies will be available “in time for Christmas”. All of them are currently available in paperback. For more information, click here.
2. The new Deadite editions of Earthworm Gods (previously published as The Conqueror Worms) and Earthworm Gods: Selected Scenes From the End of the World are off to the printer. Look for the paperbacks to go on sale in the next week or two.
3. 2013 will see Deadite switching to a new quarterly printing schedule. My official release schedule with them for next year is as follows:
Earthworm Gods II: Deluge – March – paperback and digital
The Rising and City of the Dead – June – paperback and digital
The Rising: Selected Scenes From the End of the World – September – paperback and digital
Suburban Gothic – December – paperback and digital
4. Antarctic Press’s High Plains Clickers comic series (written by myself and J.F. Gonzalez) should be out the second half of next year.
5. Thunderstorm Books’ limited collector’s edition of The Damned Highway will feature new material not available in the paperback, Nook or Kobo editions, including How Long, Oh Lord, How Long: Hunter S. Thompson and Horror by myself and Tainted Blood: H. P. Lovecraft’s Racism and Writing Lovecraftian Fiction Today by Nick Mamatas.
6. If you have questions about any other work in progress, I probably answered them here.
Longtime readers know that all of my work occupies a shared universe. Most fans have referred to it as The Labyrinth Mythos, and I’m okay with that — it’s as good a name as any. Readers also know that a seven-book series called The Labyrinth is in the works. Comparisons to Stephen King’s Dark Tower epic are fair, although in truth, it will be more like Marvel’s Secret Wars and DC’s Crisis On Infinite Earths.
The first book in that series — The Seven (The Labyrinth, Book 1) is halfway finished. I intend to finish it once I’ve gotten these works in progress out of the way. But there are three books that serve as a prologue to this event Continue reading
CLICK HERE TO ORDER (For information on digital editions, see below)
From best-selling authors J.F. Gonzalez and Brian Keene comes the wildest, pulpiest, most over-the-top installment in the Clickers series yet – a crossover with Keene’s THE RISING!
In the aftermath of a devastating tsunami and a series of undersea earthquakes, hordes of Clickers swarm onto the California coastline, slaughtering everything in their path. As the attacks spread to other parts of the world, humanity fights back, unaware that a second foe is about to emerge – Ob, the leader of a supernatural race of beings known as the Siqqusim, who have the ability to possess and reanimate the dead.
Now, Earth faces an invasion from not one, but two enemies – the mindless and hungry Clickers, and the evil and equally ravenous zombies. Both groups have only one goal in mind – the total extermination of the human race. But what happens when these two forces meet… No matter who wins, mankind loses!
For release dates on Deadite Press Kindle and Nook editions of my work, please ask the publisher.
Recently, I revealed the final two story-arcs for The Last Zombie series. Now, due to the economic variables of the comics marketplace, rather than two more 5-issues series, we’ll be wrapping everything up in one massive five-issue blowout (26 pages each) called The Last Zombie: The End. This will follow The Last Zombie: Before the After (issue #1 of which is currently on sale). The End will comprise plots from the aforementioned Eat The Rich, as well as the final story-arc. Continue reading
My next 4 releases from Deadite Press. For release dates, please ask them.
Here’s an updated tentative release schedule for my forthcoming titles from Deadite Press. Continue reading