I recently accepted a limited number of manuscripts for professional review. I am now accepting them again for another limited time. What follow is two parts – an update for those who already submitted, and instructions for those who wish to submit.
PART ONE: For Those Who Previously Submitted
All manuscripts have been mailed, except for the following people (last name only to protect your privacy): Killian, Motz, Shaw, Day, Mollard, Turnok, and Ellis. If you are not one of those people, and have not received your package, email me at email@example.com. If you are one of those people listed above, you should have your manuscript back within the next month. In each of your cases, I’ve wanted to give the manuscript another run through.
PART TWO: For Those Wishing To Submit
1. Manuscripts should be no more than 100,000 words, and should be printed (hard copies only, no file attachments or discs) double spaced on 8 1/2 x 11 paper (Times New Roman 12 point font preferred).
2. Include a one-page synopsis. Pretend I’m the publisher you are pitching it to.
3. Include a check or money order (non-refundable) for $350.
4. Mail the manuscript, synopsis, and payment to Brian Keene, PO Box 281 Craley, PA 17312
5. Please include a valid mailing address, email address, and phone number.
In return, you will receive from me:
1. A thoroughly red-penned manuscript, with emphasis on spelling, continuity, characterization, dialogue, structure, and plot.
2. A lengthy, detailed, typewritten analysis of the manuscript, including commentary and (if required) suggestions for improvement on all of the above.
3. My suggestions (if possible) for potential publishers to submit the manuscript to.
4. A letter of recommendation and referral from myself (if possible) for you to include to those publishers.
IMPORTANT: I can only accept a limited amount of manuscripts. Therefore, this offer is only good until Tuesday, March 5th. All mailings must be post-dated by then. Any posted after that will be returned unopened.