Being an update on the various film adaptations of my work:
1. DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN has been optioned, with Scott Derrikson (The Exorcism of Emily Rose, The Day the Earth Stood Still) and C. Robert Cargill attached.
2. CASTAWAYS has been optioned by Drive-In Films (Joe R. Lansdale’s film company) with Jon Wagner (Anniversary at Shallow Creek) and Damian Maffei (Closed For the Season) attached.
3. GHOUL, directed by Gregory Wilson (The Girl Next Door) and starring Nolan Gould (Modern Family), debuts on Chiller later this year, followed by an eventual DVD and Blu-Ray release. At this point, I am limited on what I can say about the movie, as it is now the domain of Chiller/NBC/Universal. Here is the official Facebook page and the official website. Full cast and crew details here.
4. DARK HOLLOW remains in development, with Paul Finch scripting. Director Paul Campion attached.
5. THE TIES THAT BIND: It’s been a few years since this short film, set in the world of The Rising, debuted on DVD and made the film festival rounds. The DVD’s are long-since sold out (but you can find them on eBay). No plans at this time to re-release it, but Director Jeff Heimbuch’s next project is an adaptation of one of Mary SanGiovanni’s stories, so stay tuned for that!